Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Performance Piece

For my performance art piece, I wanted to make a statement about social media. My generation has gone from AIM chat to Myspace to Facebook to Twitter and then to an explosion of Snapchat, Tumblr, Instagram etc. Facebook is mainly the only one of these I really use. It is appropriate for finding long-long friends, sharing pictures and posting things. I have never been a fan of dumb statuses though, which is mainly how I see Twitter. My friends forced me to get a Twitter last year and I tried to pick it up, but never really got into it as much as  I feel everyone else did. Twitter to me is just a bunch of annoying statuses about doing nothing and can just be bothersome to some people. People would never say out loud to the entire world, "Going to the bathroom" or "Need a coke" because people would look at them like they were crazy yet people have no problem doing this on the Internet. During my project I was dressed up as a twitter icon and did some of the actions that people on twitter do such as statuses, tweeting at other people, and "following" people. 











No comments:

Post a Comment