Monday, October 22, 2012

Grid Art Project - Jonah and the Whale

For our grid art project, we were to create a 30x30 grid which ends up to be 900 squares of any substance. I chose fish pebbles because the image I chose - Jonah and the Whale - required a lot of blue and appparently fish love blue accessories because it was the only thing at Michaels that came in different shades of blue. It ended up working out though. I will post some pictures to show the process of how it came together. I believe all in all it took less time than my flip book but still quite a lot of effort because it required several trips to the store, arrangement and re-arrangement of pebbles, 28 sticks of hot glue (some of which burned my fingers), painting pebbles to make different shades of gray for the sky, and lastly keeping visitors in our room from trampling on it while I worked in the middle of our dorm room!





Jonah and the Whale! 



No comments:

Post a Comment